CURRENT HOMEWORK - R2
WEEK 10 (Oct 23): Ancient Greece
- Monday - Mesopotamia Quiz & Cylinder Seals
Egypt Flashcards (Susi) due - Khan Academy Mesopotamia completed online
- Tuesday - Aegean & Greece
- Thursday - Greece
- Friday - Greece & presentation assignments
*next Monday (Oct 30) Quiz Greece/flashcards due/Khan Academy Greece Quiz completed online.
WEEK 9 (Oct 16): Ancient Mesopotamia & Greece
- Egypt Assessment Due ( Maxwell - Khan Academy - join through G Classroom) complete by Sunday).
- Read & view Khan Academy Mesopotamia (see this website)
- Guest Artist - Thursday - Greek Art Specialist!
- Flashcards/Templates on Mesopotamia due Thursday
- Friday - Cylinder Seals & Gilgamesh
- Mesopotamia quiz Monday Oct 23
- WEEK 8 (Oct 9) Ancient Egypt
(Read & review Khan Academy & Art Through the Ages)
- Field Trip - all forms due Monday
- Field Trip to DeYoung Thursday
- Flashcards/Templates due
- Stay tuned for Egypt Assessment news
- WEEK 7 (Oct 2): R1 Test - Tuesday Oct 3 (all works thus far) - includes Prehistory, Oceania, Indigenous Americas & Africa.
- Weds Oct 4 - Ancient Egypt
-Reading Art Through the Ages & Khan Academy
- Assign Presentations
-Prepare Flashcards / Templates for Egypt
CURRENT HOMEWORK - R1
WEEK 6 (Sept 25) : Africa
- Monday Quiz on Indigenous Americas (North)
- T-F Africa & Discuss prep for exam
Navigation Maps of Memories project as time allows
** Grading Period Exam on Mon Oct 2 & Tues Oct 3 - Exam covers Prehistory, Oceania, Indigenous Americas & Africa
WEEK 5 ( Sept 18): Indigenous Americas
M - Study for Quiz
Quiz on Tuesday 9/19 & North America presentation
-Khan Academy, reading & templates to partners
-Friday - Project Day. Navigating Maps of Memory & Place
**next week (6) 9/25- Quiz Monday part2 Indigenous Americas
Africa. & looking at the Essay Q for AP.
Exam - on Prehistory, Oceania, Americas & Africa
Monday, Oct 2 & Tuesday Oct 3. - two part exam
More info to follow. Be able to identify all works of art.
WEEK 4 (Sept 11): Indigenous Americas
Khan Academy & Templates due
Back to school night Thursday / Friday half day
QUIZ ON OCEANIC ARTS - Monday 9/11
Share Oceanic Templates with your group & copy to teacher.
Study for Oceanic Quiz
QUIZ ON PREHISTORY- Tuesday 9/5
WEEK 3 (Sept 5): Oceanic Arts
- Global Prehistory Quiz
- Oceanic Art Snapshot
- Templates/Flashcards on Art Works (due 9/7)
WEEK 2 (Aug 28): Global Prehistory - HOMEWORK:
M/T- Homework: Reading/Web Research on Prehistoric works #1 - 6 in preparation for class and quiz (Fri) on Prehistoric works. Khan Academy's, Smarthistory
-List of works, Templates/ Student Groups
- Bonus Boost: (13 min) http://www.bbc.co.uk/ahistoryoftheworld/objects/DyfP6g6dRN6WdwdnbIVbPw
T/W-Homework: Reading/Web Research on Prehistoric works #6, -10. Complete templates and email copies of them to your group partners, copy me on your email for credit.
W/Th-Homework: Use templates to study for quiz on Prehistory on Friday. Land Art / Performance Art Assignment documentation must be emailed by Friday Sept 8th.-Review Prehistory Works, -Practice analyzing work/Art of Seeing-Introduce Land Art / Performance art Assignment
Th/F-Homework:Reading/Web Research on Robert Smithson, Christo and Jeanne-Claude, and Magdalena Abakanowicz. Complete templates and email copies of them to your group partners, copy me on your email for credit.
* We will review and adjust templates in class. Templates are to be emailed to others in your group to help prepare for the quiz -
** Short Global Prehistory Quiz Tuesday after Labor Day.
GLOBAL PREHISTORY -11 ART WORKS (see website page)
Animals in their environments
WEEK 1 (Aug 24) The Art of Seeing - Due Aug 28: HOMEWORK
-Read article https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/art-history/monarchy-enlightenment/baroque-art1/baroque-italy/a/gentileschi-judith-slaying-holofernes
- Watch video https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/art-history/monarchy-enlightenment/baroque-art1/baroque-italy/v/gentileschi-judith (4 min), and complete the template on Artemesia Gentileschi. FORM. FUNCTION. CONTENT. CONTEXT
- Student Contract - signed by you and your parents.
See Website Unit page for more info.
CONTENT > Unit of Study> sub unit of study