WHY TAKE ART HISTORY ?
Art History is a class that seeks to understand different cultures and the human existence through the study and analysis of art and architecture as a way of communication. We exist in a world that is filled with the stories and artifacts of human history, architecture, painting, photographs and sculpture. Art History offers the tools to recognize and to understand these forms. Art History provides knowledge and understanding of the past, and through it, of the present.
APAH encourages humanity, compassion, understanding, sympathy and respect by teaching about other individuals, locations and societies through their visual expression. Art History provides intellectual confidence gained through learning how to recognize, order, value and interpret facts. In so doing, it encourages us to think, create and write clearly as well as to read and observe carefully.
AP ART HISTORY INFO
Full Year Course
Prerequisite: 1 year Fine Art & 11th/12th grade
University California "F"
Score of 3-5 = college credit (colleges vary)
AP Exam in May - fees apply
Homework averages 1.5 - 2.5 per week
SIGN UP: TUHSD APAH COURSE
- Attend meeting in January
- Meet Prerequisite requirements
- Place name on list with APAH Teacher
- Sign up with your school's online registration
- Stay tuned for Summer Assignments
- Arrive Day 1 with your Sketchbook & ready to roll!
SIGN UP: AP ART HISTORY EXAM
- Register and pay for exam RHS online in February (dates TBA)
- Late fees apply ($50+)
- Save a photo of your receipt
- FEE WAIVER: